BY Fernando L. Mompó on 11 / 03 / 2014
The solution begins with Co- is our seminal book. Written by Alfons Cornella, founder of Co-Society, it gathers ideas and examples of why we think the road to a collaborative economy and society is inevitable; why the world is becoming a co-world, a world more collaborative, cooperative, co-creative, co-designed, and co-responsible.
We want to share this idea. This is why we share the book. Have a look to our Decalogue and if you find these ideas are interesting enough, follow the link below and download a free copy of The solution begins with Co-. We hope you enjoy it. We wish the reading sparks your collaborative cells.
- We are of an economy that for years has been hostage to the greed of a few
- But the business world is becoming an increasingly “co-” world.
- As a species, we either collaborate or perish, and the same is true for societies
- One of the obvious reasons why collaboration exists between companies is because there has always been “more outside than inside”.
- Whatever a company does and whatever a company knows, the knowledge available to it in the outside world is always greater than its own knowledge.
- Collaboration demands trust. And trust is frequently the result of the generosity from each side. The problem is, almost the entire theoretical/practical structure that we have in business management is based on the discourse of competition, not collaboration.
- The business world would do well to learn how people collaborate
- Technologies facilitating collaboration are constantly appearing
- But we do not posses the knowledge, tools or methods to do this. We still do not know how to systematically create conditions to generate trust between organizations.
- Wanting to collaborate was before a sign of good education; now it is perhaps a question of good economics, and social wellbeing.
The solution begins with CO-